[Review] Smart Is the New Rich: Money Guide for Millennials

Author: Christine Romans
Sourced: purchased on Amazon for book club
Meows: 2.5 out of 5; great if you’re 26 with time on your side, sucks if you’re 33.

TL;DR

Quick guidebook to what you should be doing with your money in your 20’s instead of partying, traveling, and adopting pets. Breaks down why you should always pay yourself first, the magic of compound interest, and basically a repetitive reminder to “live like a student” until you don’t have any student loans (even if you’re 30 and still have student loans).

REMEMBER THIS

…live on 80 percent of what you make, no matter how big or small your income is. The other 20 percent must be allocated for your financial goals–savings and retirement.
page 15

TOE BEANS VALUE

Your toe beans (or re-read value) depends on how far along you are in your financial savings journey. If you’re a young millennial, your toe beans will be an 8 or 9. This is a really good book to have as a reference guide and one you should look to often. If you find yourself categorized more with the Xennials, the toe beans value is probably closer to a 6. Once again, a great reference book, but maybe not one for the permanent collection. Always good for a refresher course or maybe a little reminder if you did happen to purchase it for book club.

smart-rich-condy

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s